Tuesday, April 12, 2016

WWII War in the Pacific

This is a World War II battle in the Pacific Theater that I set up. Figures by Austin Miniatures, Toy Soldiers of San Diego, BMC, Marx, Matchbox, HingFat, and Airfix.  Tank and Jeep by New Ray.
Marine patrolling with Sherman.

Hand-to-hand combat!

US Marines defend their entrenched position.

Attacking Japanese.



The battlefield.

Defending marines.

Japanese attackers.

Defending marines.

Intense fighting!

Willys Jeep bringing supplies to the men.

Japanese soldier getting shot.

British Commonwealth Forces defend the entrenched position.

Japanese banzai charge!

Japanese desperately try to take the position.






2 comments:

  1. I like your yard battle photos - they take me back to my youth. Incidentally, if you've never been to Peter Shulman's War ( http://peterswar.com/ ) you need to visit. He's an artist and he is a bit compulsive about his toy soldier battles. Great stuff! Nive blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know all about peterswar.com, you could say that it partly inspired me to take some outdoor photos of my toy soldier collection! And thanks so much for the positive feedback, it is very appreciated!

    ReplyDelete